Administers payments to investigators and institutions participating in clinical trials grants in accordance with sponsor and company requirements. Works with internal teams to ensure appropriate funding prior to administering payments, and keeps internal and external team members aware of site payment status and issues.
- Processes investigator payments
- Facilitates site payments with internal groups such as clinical operations, project management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and site contracts teams. Coordinates with regional colleagues to ensure holistic global view of project payment/funding status.
- Collaborates with accounts receivable and project management to ensure advance funding is received from sponsors on a timely basis for global project needs and deposits are available before site payments are processed.
- Creates, maintains, and reconciles MS Excel Project Grant Tracker as necessary.
- Reviews and interrogates Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs) and CTA amendments to ensure payments are made according to the documented payment terms and schedule. Discrepancies should be escalated to their line manager or the appropriate project team member as needed.
- Prompts project teams through grants payment process and system navigation, as needed.
- Researches, compiles, and creates necessary information as required in support of sponsor invoicing.
- Identifies and works with clinical team to follow up on invoice discrepancies, past due invoices and to request refunds from sites.
- Ensures proper account and project coding are applied to third party invoices as it relates to investigator payments.
- Creates project reports
- Assists Investigator Payments Manager with customer audits of site payments and sponsor deposits.
BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, plus some financial experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. NEW GRADUATES IN FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Minimal experience in data management in a clinical research organization or related field. Strong proficiency in using Excel for spreadsheet analysis. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Oracle experience preferred. Foreign language proficiency preferred. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment. Above average attention to detail, and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented approach.